Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I Always Will

You came at me. You came at me with spirit and mind. You crushed my defenses with your words, and tore away my restraints with nothing but yourself. You crashed your way into my heart and my life, and forced your love onto me.

I loved you. I loved you with all my broken pieces and with every tiny part of me. I loved you a love that was maddening, a love that shouldn't have existed. I loved you so much that I trusted you with complete abandon. The kind of trust that should never be given, and should never be had.

I gave you all of me. All and every part of me. And you took them all. You took and took until nothing was left of me. And then when you were safely locked within my heart, you stole the most precious pieces of me. You stole everything that I am. You betrayed me. You crushed me. You broke and tore me. You took away my wings and grounded me when I once flew. You smothered my fire until I no longer burned.

I hated you. I hated you with all those fibers that were the remnants of my pathetic being. I hated you with passion and when I used that to light back my fire it was of a new color that I didn't recognize. My flame was black and bloody. My flame was anger and scorn. My flame was darkness and hurt.

I nurtured the black flame and threw it at you. I lashed out with my new fire. I consumed you with that same black that you forced inside of me. And I watched you disintegrate as my poison took hold. I watched as what you did to me drove you over the edge, and I watched as you fell.

My anger calmed. My scorn faded. My black got drained. And I saw what I had done. I looked upon your broken corpse and I let my tears wash away the last of my wrath. For in the end, after your betrayal and after all was done. The truth is simple, and how I hate myself for it. I love you still. I always have, and I always will.

Inspired by Maleficent ..

No comments:

Post a Comment