Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'll Close My Eyes

I'll close my eyes and walk blindly. I will let go of all my fear, and I will set aside my worries. I'll forget all about the thorns in my path, the boulders, the rivers of flame and all the other traps. I'll close my eyes and just trust. I will let my faith be my sight, and I will surrender to that deep rooted knowledge that I will be fine.

I'll close my eyes and just walk. I will walk in big sure steps, and I will do so without hesitation. I'll forget all the times my feet wavered, and for this moment I will break free of all my restraints and run without sight. I'll run and just trust. I will let my faith be my guide, and I will surrender to that deep rooted knowledge that no harm will touch me.

I'll close my eyes and run without care. I will run as fast as I can, and I will let the wind chase away my every last doubt. I'll forget all the times I was stuck, and for this moment I'll pretend I'm not bruised, broken or cut up. I'll breathe and just trust. I will let my faith be my healing, and I will surrender to that deep rooted knowledge that Allah is by my side.

I'll close my eyes and surrender my life completely to my faith, and I will let the peace of that surrender wash away every last trap lying in my path. I'll close my eyes and just trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment