Wednesday, June 4, 2014

I Wish Things For You

I wish things for you. I wish them for you with a desperation that stems from the very cells of my bones, from those unknown pieces that make up my soul. If I could find a way to make those wishes come true I would pay any price -I would pay in blood and being. I would do all that it takes.

I wish you saw yourself for what you truly are. I wish you could take away all those extra layers and see the person that's hiding underneath. I wish you could bare the true you to yourself, and see underneath all the confusing emotions and all the demanding compulsions that float on the surface of you.

Push those feelings aside. Take away the desperate need for any other soul, strip away the obsessions and all the compulsions that come along with them. Strip away the happiness that you feel in the presence of another person, and peel back the sadness that dampens your mood when you're left alone. Look under all of those distractions and find the person that is truly you. The person that is hiding, shying away from the waves of emotions that it can't handle and can't even fathom.

When you find her in her little corner, when you finally see what has become of her, what you've done to her, take her hand and bring her forth. Pull her to the surface and ask her that question she's been dying to hear; what do you want? What is it that you desire? What does your little heart need?

Perhaps you will find that what she wants isn't what she's been getting. Perhaps you will see that what you've been giving her in her name is the opposite of what she's been wanting. Perhaps you'll notice that you've been underestimating her all along, and while you thought that you and she were weak you were wrong. She was strong, strong as the sun, but you were the moon and you hid her light from view.

Let her out. Let her out of her hidden corner, give her the freedom she needs to break out of you and help you break out of all those mad feelings that are chaining both of you down. Stop abusing her for the sake of a feeling that was born with no cause and will one day fade and disappear leaving the both of you scarred and pained. Love her more than you love any other person and stop hurting her again and again for the sake of another being.

I wish you would believe in your strength. I wish you would bet on yourself. I wish you would take a look inside you and see beyond the layers of illusions you're hiding behind. I wish you would realize that you have the power to walk away from the madness, the hurt, the lies and the the endless ups and downs. I wish you would take the time and effort to walk through a little rain and reach the rainbow on the other side.

You can. I swear, you can.

For my Jay.. 

No comments:

Post a Comment