Tuesday, March 11, 2014

You Can't Beat Me

Are you trying to scare me by flexing your muscles? You want to show me that you're stronger? That you can take me? Go ahead. Be my guest. Take your best shot. But I promise you, no, I swear to you, I swear on everything that has ever been holy and precious, I will make you work for it.

It doesn't matter that you are stronger, it doesn't matter how big and scary you are. I have endurance, more of it than you'll ever see coming. You will hit me, you will punch me, you will bruise and break me but I swear to you that I will just keep getting up.

My strongest attempt to fight back might be painless and pathetic to you, but it doesn't even matter. You know why? Because you can beat me to a pulp but you will never win. You can't beat a person that always gets back up. You can't beat a person that never gives up. You can't beat a person that has more will and tolerance than you can even begin to understand.

You have physical strength, you have the ability to break me and tear me limb from limb, but one thing you don't have is the ability to break my spirit. I have spirit. I have will. I have tolerance. I have anger. I have hunger. I will not go down. I will never go down. The more you hit me the stronger I become. The worse you break me the faster I will rise.

Your own aggression, your own strength will work against you and you will grow slow and tired from hurting me. I will let you waste all your impressive strength and I will take everything you have to offer in stride and I will fight it all with patience. And when you've drained yourself proving you're stronger, and your body has lost all its precious strength, then, then I will beat you.

I will let out all my anger, all my frustration, all my hurt and all my pent up energy and I will take you down. And unlike me you don't have the spirit to take it. You don't have the will. You don't have my kind of strength; the strength of mind and character. And you will fall. And I will win. I swear to you I will win. I swear it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment