Monday, May 19, 2014

Rabbit Hole

I fell down the rabbit hole. I wasn't looking and my feet tripped, and down the hole I tumbled and went. The fall put me to sleep and when I woke the world was not the world anymore.

I found myself in an odd little place where the laws of physics were bent and skewed. Right was left, and left was up and down was all around the place. The ground was blue and the sky was green and the clouds were trees and the trees were none. The lights were too bright and too dim and the sounds were so loud they were soft.

The doors were walls and walls were windows that lead to the sky. The roads went in circles and the circles broke and didn't break. The air was heavy and the water too light. The people had no faces and the faces had no people to claim.

And I? I was a mass of floating papers filled with words that made no sense. Among all the madness I was madder than all and the world of opposites was less mad than I. I roamed in a gait that was falling in steps and I ran with hands rather than feet. I swam on land and walked through seas and I breathed in sand that turned to clay. And then I fell and into the sky I tumbled and went.

Years had passed. The world had kept spinning while I was away. But I did not despair and nor did I care. I was back, and right was right, left was left and up was all around the place. The ground was green and the sky was blue and the clouds were unbound and free. I was home and I was I, and the world was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment