Monday, April 14, 2014

Vortex

There's an emptiness within me. A slow spreading disease that is nothing, working its way inside of me, consuming everything it finds in its path. I can feel it changing me, coloring all my parts in a hue that is a non-color, painting me with it and dipping me in it whole. I can feel it sucking the life, the particles, the positive and the negative out of me, and undoing them until nothing is left but a lack that is absolute.

I am changing. My body, consumed by the emptiness, is turning into nothing but a black hole. A vacuum, a vortex held in an illusion of a person. I can feel it spreading and taking me over, like a venom coursing through my veins and working its way between my cells. How do I stop it? How do you stop nature from taking its course? How do you reverse what has already begun?

I am frightened. The vacuum slowly begins to pull the people surrounding me into itself. It tries to draw them into the emptiness. To infect them with what I am. I keep trying to keep it locked and safe so it has nothing to consume except me -except itself. But how do you keep people from getting pulled into a vortex when they keep reaching into the emptiness? How can you keep them safe when they won't step away from the edge?

I wish I knew. All I know is I am losing my battle. The black hole has nearly sucked me into myself whole, my particles are gone and I am a non-color. I can see people being pulled by the vortex that is me, and I want to save them. But how can you save others when you couldn't save yourself? How can you save others when the danger is yourself? It's simple.. You try, but ultimately, you can't, and you don't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment