Friday, January 17, 2014

Walk a Mile in my Shoes

Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead, take them, try them for fit. They're not quite right? It's ok, they don't fit me that well either, but I still wear them, I still walk in them. Are you afraid to take that first step? I understand. It's scary. But you have to take it. You can't stand here forever.

Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead, walk and I'll walk with you, I'll measure the distance and I'll count the steps. You're getting tired? It's ok, I get tired as well, but I keep walking anyway. Are you afraid of getting hurt? I understand. It's frightening. But you have to face it. You can't shy away from it forever.

Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead, walk until the mile ends, see what it's like to be me. You're starting to lose it? It's ok, I think I'm losing it too, but I still keep going, I still keep walking. Are you afraid you won't make it? I understand. It's terrifying. But you have to see it through. You won't find out unless you try.

Walk a mile in my shoes. Go ahead, tell me what it was like, tell me how you feel. You're falling apart? You're in pain? It's hard? It's ok, I feel that way too, at least you only had to do a mile, I have to keep walking in them. Are you afraid for me? I understand. It's petrifying. I'm afraid too. But I have to live with it. I can't just stand in the same place forever. I have to keep walking miles and miles in these shoes.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll ever get tired of reading this :') Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete