Thursday, October 9, 2014

Am I?

Am I self involved? Am I so wrapped up within heavy layers of myself that I've lost sight of everything that doesn't revolve around me? Am I selfish? Do I speak more than I listen? Am I different? Have I changed? Am I becoming everything that I hate?

Do I focus more on me than I do on others? Have I lost all those traits that I've always loved about myself? Am I becoming a narcissistic drama queen? I though my water was drowning me, but is that an illusion? Am I the one drowning others in my waves?

Do I constantly complain? Am I a pain to have around? Am I as annoying to others as I am to myself? Do I chip away at people's patience? Do I dampen every joy? Do I darken every light? Do I steal every center?

Am I losing my patience? Am I letting my own feelings cloud my eyes until they become the center of my sight? Am I right to give myself all my attention? Am I wrong? Did I choose this? Can I change it?

.. I guess what I'm asking is am I different? Do I even like who I've become?

No comments:

Post a Comment