Friday, December 13, 2013

Colors Lurking in Darkness

I am that overwhelming darkness, the  kind that robs away all hope of light. I am a deep shadow, I am night in the deepest ocean. I am what remains when all things are lacking, I am what you see when your sight is blacking. I am black in its truest form.

I am misconceived, I am judged and I am mistakenly seen. I am peaceful, but not eerie. I am mysterious, but not scary. I am lacking, but I am living. I am so much more than what you can see -you see black alone, but I have colors that lurk beneath. I am darkness, that's true, but I am also more.

In the crudeness of light nothing can be hidden, you see everything and so hope is entrapped by clarity and sight. But darkness is subtle, it shrouds the world in shadow and so everything is perceived but not truly seen. In darkness hope is alive, it thrives and whispers; there's more to life than what's in your sight.

I am that mystery, I am that hope, I live that peace. I am layer upon layer, I am vast and I am dark. I am those colors lurking in darkness, waiting to be discovered, waiting to be seen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment